Saturday, March 5, 2011

Step One, Two and Three Help Me To Want The Greater Good for All Concerned....And not insist on what "I want NOW!"

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.


The Third Step Prayer/Meditation
Please change the words to be your own.  Modify it to be a converstion/prayer between you and your Higher Power as you understand your Higher Power.

God, I offer myself to You – to build with me and to do with me as You intend.  Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Your Will.  Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Your Power, Your Love, and Your Way of Life.  May I do Your Will always.
[Adaptation of Third Step Prayer, 12 Step Program Literature]


I don’t need to comment on and interpret all events according to my limited awareness and sense of the way life needs to be.  I can “be still.”  I can embrace the humility that comes from not being in charge of my life and that of others. 

Humility is now my response to life’s challenges.  I am not in control.  I do not have a clue what needs to happen next in order for the Greater Good to be the ultimate result.  Results are not up to me, they belong to my HP. 

I have turned my will and my life over to the Absolute and Perfect Care of the Greatest Power that exists.  God is the Greatest Power that exists.  God’s Love for me and my children, husband and family is the Greatest Power that exists.  God is in Control and I am not.  What a relief!

Pretending to be the "Great OZ" took a lot of effort, smoke, mirrors and makeup.  It was beyond exhausting.  Thank God I now know that I am not who I was frantically trying to be:  my and everyone else’s Higher Power.  I quit playing god.  It doesn’t work.  It makes my life and the lives of those I care about….a living hell.

I am not in charge of fixing anything or anyone.  I do not need to decide what needs to happen next. I do not worry.   I can sit back and relax, and enjoy the life that my HP is in charge of.  My status and outlook on life will not be one of a "retired hp", but of realizing and admitting the truth:  I never was the "hp", it was all just pretend and my personal trying to MAKE sense out of my life based on fear.

Humility is my middle name.  This is not “my show”.  I am not in charge here.  My only request is to be guided to do what my HP intends for me to do:  Nothing more and nothing less.  I have turned my will and my life over to the care of God.  It is no longer mine to be concerned about.  God can see the big picture….God created the Big Picture. 

I give up old thought and behavior patterns.  Under the fearful compulsion to control, I have done all kinds of "insane and self destructive" behaviors.  I have turned over my life.  Frantic emotional excesses in desperate attempts to fix, change or save are no longer needed.  I seek “balance” and “peace of mind” in all areas of my life.  God is in Control and All is Well. 

God is in Absolute and Perfect Control of everything and everyone in my life.  I let go and trust in God’s Infinite Power, Love, Wisdom and Understanding.  My only goal is that: God’s will be done.  God’s will is the Greater Ultimate Good for all.  I choose this, over demanding my own way, which from this vantage point, would be chaos of insanity.  Humility is my attitude.  Acceptance and trust are my mantras. Joy and Peace are my experiences.  God is in Charge and All is Well. 

There is no longer a chaotic scary world that must be controlled by me(because I am in charge).  There is exactly what my HP has created to be: life as it is, right now.  

I humbly accept life exactly as it presents itself at this moment, as part of what God will use for God’s Plan.  God is in Control and All is Well.  God’s will brings about the Perfection of the Greater Ultimate Good for All.  I let go and let God…be God…the ruler of the Universe and of all that is. 

I can now relax and enjoy today.  I can be present in this moment.  I can experience God’s Abundant Love for me right now, without fail.  Because God is in Charge and All is Well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment